Thursday, February 23, 2012

Peppermint pizazz


It was another marvelous Cafe Moxo day. I had tried the Peppermint Swirl back in November, after refrigerating it overnight, and didn't have the highest-quality result. I knew I needed to try it again fresh, and I finally got that opportunity today.

The Peppermint Swirl was fresh and fabulous. The chocolate cake was soft, if not overly moist, and the touch of peppermint in the whipped vanilla frosting was flavorful without being overwhelming. Too much peppermint is the taste equivalent of a calf cramp. Painful!

A side note from Moxo: When I mentioned my blog to the young woman behind the counter, she told me that Moxo is planning to introduce several new varieties of cupcakes in April, including a bacon-maple cake. The bacon cupcake I tried at More Cupcakes in Chicago over the summer while fresh and high quality in its ingredients, was a flavor combination I ultimately could not handle. I suppose, in the interest of trying as wide a variety of cupcakes as possible, I'll give it a whirl. Sizzle, sizzle!

No comments:

Post a Comment