Saturday, June 9, 2012

Just the right day for blueberry


There were too many great-looking new cupcake flavors to choose from at this past Wednesday's farmers market, so I just bought 'em all. Of course, most of them are in the freezer. But I did select one to try that day at work -- Blueberry.


This cupcake felt like an appropriate choice on a day when containers of fresh blueberries were available at several farmers market stands, and HD didn't disappoint. The vanilla cake was moist and accented with fresh blueberries. The blueberry buttercream frosting was scrumptious. And the ribbon of blueberry jam curled around the top was an attractive and tasty garnish. I've loved most of the fruit-flavored HD cupcakes I've tried, and this one was no exception. I'd definitely buy it again. I hope they'll put it in the rotation.

Other cupcakes I bought and have yet to try: Root Beer Float, Rocky Road and Strawberry. (HD has four strawberry varieties that I know of -- Strawberry Shortcake, Strawberry Delight and Strawberry Swirl in addition to the aforementioned. This particular one is strawberry cake with strawberry frosting.) I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying them, but stay tuned for a post about my new endeavor: Side-by-side cupcake comparisons. First up: HD's Strawberry Shortcake vs. Cafe Moxo's Shortcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment