Monday, October 10, 2011

Pink Velvet Sunday



Our anniversary officially wrapped yestereday -- I ate the last of the Jilly's cupakes. Camille had started the Pink Velvet on Saturday, and I broke down and finished it off yesterday. I have to say, I preferred it when we tried it on the buffet at Jilly's -- they had made it as a cake, and the caramel filling was throughout the cake, as opposed to a small pocket as it was in the cupcake. The "cake" version was much moister, and I was blown away by how good it was. The cupcake was just OK in comparison. I wouldn't feel the need to repeat it. The caramel cream cheese frosting was tasty to be sure, though. To be fair, Camille was of the opinion that the cupcake was just as good as the cake.

1 comment:

  1. At least it looks pretty. Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete