Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Bistro


I dipped into my frozen cupcake stash this afternoon and pulled out one I've been anticipating -- Cafe Moxo's The Bistro -- yellow cake with chocolate frosting and white-chocolate chips as a garnish. Maybe it was the fact that the cupcake had been frozen and I didn't let it thaw out quite long enough, but it wasn't as awesome as I had expected. It was good, don't get me wrong, but the cake wasn't as moist as the yellow cake made by Heavenly Delight for its Golden Chocolate cupcake. Again, that might have been because I didn't let it thaw enough. This was the first Moxo cupcake I've had after freezing, and I have one more to go. It's possible that Moxo's don't freeze as well as HD's. Or maybe the cake was just a bit dry. The moussy-chocolate frosting was great, and I liked the white chocolate chips with this one.

I'll definitely be trying this one again -- fresh next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment