Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mmmmm, cinnamon!

It's the third-to-last week of the farmers market, and it's looking like Heavenly Delight will continue selling its cupcakes here in town -- at Andiamo, according to Les, the husband of the woman who makes the Heavenly Delight magic happen in a Neoga kitchen.

In the meantime, I sampled two new cupcakes this week -- the Snickerdoodle and the Raspberry Zinger.

The Snickerdoodle

The Snickerdoodle was a shout-out to cinnamon -- moist, almost gooey, cinnamon-infused vanilla cake with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon chips for a garnish, as well as a sprinkling of cinnamon. Let me just say this cupcake blew me away. I wasn't expecting cream cheese frosting as much as reglar vanilla buttercream, and my tastebuds were delighted to discover the perfect partnership between the cake and cream cheese. This HD creation is my second-favorite of this cupcake-sampling experiment. Every bite was pure joy.

Later, when I got home from work and the gym, I split the Raspberry Zinger with Camille.

Raspberry Zinger

This one was basically Raspberry Swirl with coconut on top -- white cake with raspberry throughout the cake and vanilla buttercream frosting. I love Raspberry Swirl, but I found the coconut to be a mere distraction on my savoring journey. Next time, I'll take the Zinger's coconut-free cousin.

My plan for next week's market is to put in an order for a dozen of the HD cupcakes I've either wanted to try but haven't or have loved and want to repeat. I'll freeze them, and many of them will become future "Cupcake Wednesday" selections. I'm not sure how many varieties Andiamo will stock each week, so I want to make sure I order while Les is still manning a booth. (I assume Andiamo employees will sell the cupcakes once they get the partnership going.)

Party on, HD cupcakes!

1 comment:

  1. The Snickerdoodle sounds amazing! Are you able to special order it?

    ReplyDelete