Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Reese's


Last night, I broke down and ate half of Jilly's The Reese's. I should have let it thaw a little more, but I couldn't help myself and dove right in. It was tasty -- chocolate cake with chocolate and peanut butter frosting accented by -- of course -- a generous topping of peanut butter cup crumbles. I have to say, it wasn't terribly different from Reese's cupcakes I've had from other bakeries. Bigger, certainly (I still have that other half in the freezer). One of the many things I liked about Jilly's was that they had the option of vanilla or chocolate cake for several of their cupcake selections. The Reese's was one of them. In retrospect, I wish I had chosen The Reese's with vanilla cake instead, for a change of pace from the other similar cupcakes I've had. But it was the only cupcake I was interested in that featured chocolate cake, and I wanted to make sure I was able to try their chocolate. Next time we stop by Jilly's, I'll just have to try the vanilla. What a hardship, right? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment