Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Caramel apple in a cupcake

Today was the transition from Heavenly Delight to Cafe Moxo, and I must say it was seamless. It's just as easy to get excited about Moxo cupcakes as HD, and months of new flavors lie ahead. Today I picked Moxo's Caramel Apple. It seemed like an ideal choice for an early November day, and it would be a dream for an apple pie lover. Apple pie isn't my favorite dessert, but I enjoyed the cupcake anyway.


With apple buttercream frosting, apple cake, a "caramel" filling that actually tasted like apple pie filling (little chunks of apple and all) and a drizzle of Ghirardelli caramel on top, it was quite a treat. The cake was moist, especially with the filling, but the frosting was what stood out for me. I love Moxo's vanilla frosting (I didn't detect any apple flavor, but no matter) because it reminds me of the filling Mel-O-Cream uses in its doughnuts. The Caramel Apple's tower of frosting was nearly equal to the depth of the cupcake itself, and I delighted in scooping frosting off the top before even touching the rest of the cupcake. If I were an employee of Moxo, I'd be in constant violation of the health code because I'd be licking the frosting bowl every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment