Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's all in Black and White


Today's cupcake, courtesy of the freezer, was Moxo's Black and White -- chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. In my last post, I surmised that Moxo's cupcakes might not be best frozen, based on the slight dryness of the cake. Today's tasting confirmed that for me. The Black and White wasn't bad, by any means, but I could tell by the texture of the frosting that fresh would have been better. I've mentioned several times that Moxo's vanilla frosting reminds me of a thicker version Mel-O-Cream's vanilla filling. The frozen version of the frosting barely resembled that of the fresh, which was disappointing. Like last weekend's Bistro (yellow cake with chocolate frosting), I'll need to try this one fresh to accurately evaluate it. It was good for sure, but I had the feeling its time in the freezer was masking its greatness. Fortunately, both of these are regularly part the Moxo rotation, regardless of season, because they're basic flavors.

I'm ready for a trip to Moxo next week. From now on, I'm keepin' it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment