Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Specialty kind of day, part 2

This cold Saturday was the perfect time to stay in and pull a cupcake out of the freezer. I was looking forward to trying the vanilla cupcake I picked up from Specialty Cakes last Saturday. It had looked pretty fresh when I bought it, and I expected it would freeze well since Specialty's well, specialty, is wedding cakes.

I couldn't escape the unpleasant memory of last weekend's stale yellow cake with chocolate frosting, but as soon as I started peeling the lining from the white cake with vanilla frosting, I knew it has held up well.


The cake was falling-apart fresh, and the frosting was just as thick and creamy as the vanilla frosting on the fresh lemon cupcake I sampled last weekend. Specialty's white cake with vanilla frosting is pretty standard fare as far as wedding cakes go, but it's good stuff. I could eat way more of it than I should. Simple but dependable.



No comments:

Post a Comment