Saturday, June 2, 2012

A drink of cherry cola ... cupcake

I had a never-before-seen (at least, by me) choice at this past Wednesday's farmers market: Cherry Coke. I love Cherry Coke, especially the old-fashioned fountain variety, so I was intrigued.


It was hard to tell if the Cherry Coke cupcake had any cola flavoring. The cherry frosting dotted with cherry chips was quite scrumptious, but Heavenly Delight might as well take "Coke" out of the name. As for the yellow cake, it was a bit dry by HD standards, but the cupcake as a whole was pretty good all the same. HD's frosting almost always saves the day on the rare occasions the cake is dry.


My other weekly selection was Caramel Chaos, which was pretty much what it sounds like: Caramel cake and caramel frosting. With chewy little caramel balls on top, of course. This is going to sound strange, but this cupcake actually tasted better to me AFTER I had eaten it. Initially, the frosting was way too sweet (not to mention that the cake, once again, was a tad dry). Once the half I ate had passed my tonsils and was on its way to my digestive tract, and once the flavor had settled into my taste buds, the over-sweetness subsided and I noticed the buttery flavor left behind. I wished it had been more upfront. And even with the pleasant aftertaste, I'm not likely to seek this one out again. There are too many other great choices at the HD stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment