Sunday, June 10, 2012

Strawberry letdown

I woke up with a sweet tooth this morning, so I decided to do something rare for me: Eat a cupcake for breakfast. I had been craving the Strawberry from Heavenly Delight with strawberry cake and strawberry frosting. So I eagerly pulled it out of the fridge.




My heart sank a little when I transferred it from container to plate and noticed the dark coloring around the edges of the cake. The first bite confirmed my suspicions -- overbaked cake. It wasn't the worst cake I've ever had, but it was dry enough to be disappointing. Had the cake been moist, I probably would have ranked the cupcake as a whole in my top 20 because the frosting was perfection. The sprinkling of sugar on top perfectly complemented the creaminess and the strawberry flavor. If I see this one at the stand again, I'll give it another chance because my cupcaking instincts indicate high potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment