Thursday, September 29, 2011

Delightful strawberry

Another Cupcake Wednesday has come and gone, and I'm starting to notice there are fewer cupcakes each week that I haven't tried. Strawberry Delight was my choice yesterday. I ranked it 11 out of the 20 I've tried so far. It was quite good, although far from the most remarkable Heavenly Delight cupcake I've tried. The strawberry-flavored cake was moist with a good flavor, and the vanilla frosting was excellent, as HD's always is. The bright-pink sugar garnish added visual appeal. Otherwise, it just wasn't the most memorable cupcake I've had from them. There wasn't a thing wrong with it, and I'd definitely try it again, but HD's Strawberry Swirl/Raspberry Swirl cupcakes are hard to beat when it comes to their berry-flavored selections. The combination of the white cake and berry filling in the aforementioned cakes is something I'd never experienced in a cupcake before I tried them, and I've yet to find another berry cupcake that measures up. So, basically, HD beats itself on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment