Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tastes like fall

It was hot like summer at the farmers market late yesterday morning, but the mood at Heavenly Delight was decidedly autumn as pumpkin cupcakes joined the dozen or so options on the table under the tent bearing the big pink cupcake signs. Pumpkin cake is one of my all-time favorite desserts, so it was a no-brainer.



HD's pumpkin cupcake has cream cheese frosting and a garnish of orange-colored sugar.

The cake was incredibly moist -- so much so that it fell apart while I was trying to remove it from the paper. It was messy, but I didn't mind licking my fingers. The cream cheese frosting somehow tasted better to me than it did on last week's carrot cupcake, probably because I like pumpkin cake better than carrot cake in general.

This is one to check out if you're at the Wednesday or Thursday farmers markets!

2 comments:

  1. This is making me soooo hungry. Didn't know you were such a fan of pumpkin cake. I make really good pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. (Or at least I did, till I stopped baking when I stopped eating sweets.) But I could make an exception for you the next time you come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin too! One of the best things about fall. I could go for a pumpkin cupcake about now.

    ReplyDelete