Friday, September 9, 2011

The last birthday bite

I just polished off my final cupcake from Monday's trip to The Cup in St. Louis -- the red velvet. It was easily the best of the red velvets I've had. Moist cake, perfect cream cheese frosting -- not too sweet, and just the right amount of cream cheesiness. It would be hard to rank it against the Summer Crush orange cupcake from a few days ago. They were each so delicious in their own way ... We'll just skip the rankings this time around. :-)


If ya have to turn a year older, why not do it with cupcakes?

4 comments:

  1. We are headed to the Mills mall this weekend. Where is this bakery located? That red velvet cupcake looks amazing!! (Your description was the selling point though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anne! :-) It's in U City, on Maryland Plaza. It's nowhere near the Mills, but it's definitely worth the side trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the red stuff sprinkled on top?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even sure exactly what it was, LaVonne. It almost seemed like dry cake mix, but I doubt that's what it was. Some kind of powder, I think.

    ReplyDelete