Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A white chocolate raspberry Wednesday

This week's Heavenly Delight cupcake du jour: White Chocolate Raspberry.

I have to say, this cupcake was just OK for me.  I actually predicted that because I’m picky about white chocolate. Generally, it’s too sweet for me, and I’ve only found one or two brands I like (hello, Fannie May!). This cupcake, with its white cake featuring a weak swirl of raspberry filling (the scant amount of raspberry was disappointing), vanilla frosting and garnish of white chocolate chips, was just a tad high on the sweet-o-meter. It wasn’t a bad cupcake by any means, but if I’m going to have a vanilla cupcake with raspberry filling, I’d much rather spend my calories on the melt-in-your-mouth Raspberry Swirl.




I really don't think there's a "bad" Heavenly Delight variety, and I've been making a point to try flavors that I feel I might not be crazy about, just to give them a chance. I've been pleasantly surprised by a few of those. I've tried almost 20 of the flavors, and I've found quite a few cupcakes that fall into the categories of "Like," "Love" and "I'll Pass On It." This week's is one I'd pass on to a white chocolate-loving friend.

A side note similar to one from last week: My cupcake-loving friend, Robin Desai, tried the Lemon Drop this week, and she said it "tasted like sunshine." She added that the lemon flavor was quite strong and maybe a little too much for someone who prefers a subtler lemon cake. I have yet to try this one, and I tend to prefer the subtler flavor, so we'll see how it goes when its number comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment