Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Orange dream

Today would normally be Heavenly Delight Wednesday, but since I had a couple cupcakes leftover from Monday's St. Louis trip, I decided to focus on those and pick back up with HD next week.

And so (drumroll, please), the Summer Crush cupcake from The Cup.


The best word I can come up with for this cupcake is "Wow." Orange cake with orange buttercream frosting, vanilla filling and a little crown of vanilla frosting with an orange Gummy Bear perched on top. When it comes to orange or lemon, I like subtle flavor, and this orange hit the mark. The frosting was phenomenal. The touch of filling was a thrilling surprise (just ask Camille how startled he was when I shouted to him upon finding it), and I quickly decided this one was my favorite from our birthday trip. Our timing was just right, too -- Labor Day was likely the last day for this one, judging by its name.

Tune in next Wednesday for the next Heavenly Delight delight!

2 comments:

  1. You're killing me here, Mandy! This sounds soooo good! (Heck, they ALL sound sooooo good!) A person on a low-fat, low-sugar diet should not be reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to switch gears and get back to the fat-free, zero-calorie scrapbooking blog. I'm going to start working on that!

    ReplyDelete