Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gingerbread Wednesday



I was still in the mood for Christmasy flavors on this Wednesday before New Year's,
so I decided there was no better time to try my Heavenly Delight Gingerbread cupcake.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this one; I like gingerbread cookies, but I'd never had gingerbread cake. The HD version was, well ... OK. The cake itself was a bit dry and lacking the bold gingerbread flavor I was expecting, although the garnish of gingerbread cookie crumbles helped on that front. The frosting tasted like cream cheese, and it was without a doubt the high point of the cupcake, which was good but not among my favorites from HD.

I just couldn't get excited about this one. I'm glad I waited until after Christmas to try it, because, although it was way better than a lump of coal, it didn't make me particularly jolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment