Saturday, December 24, 2011

Sugar Cookie Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve, and I've accepted that there's going to be a certain amount of gluttony today and tomorrow.  So I figured why not sample another cupcake from the freezer?

Heavenly Delight's Sugar Cookie was tempting me, so I defrosted that one and dug in.


Moist yellow cake served as a base for HD's vanilla buttercream frosting, with a garnish of festive white glitter and, of course, a sugar cookie wedge -- a soft, fresh-tasting sugar cookie wedge, at that.

This one was simple, but all the elements were on target -- the frosting wasn't overly sweet, and the cake was the perfect texture. All in all, a worthy yuletide treat. I think Santa would love a few of these for his global voyage.

Warm wishes for a merry and blessed Christmas, cupcake lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment