Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bugs Bunny would love this cupcake...

Today was a chilly, rainy, foggy, gloomy day in Springfield. I had to use my umbrella and dodge puddles to get this week's cupcake from Cafe Moxo on my way to work.

I wasn't terribly excited about the carrot cupcake on my agenda. I'd had too much dry cake from Moxo, and since carrot isn't my favorite type of cake anyway, I figured I'd just focus on the cream cheese frosting and make the best of the rest.


Well ... as it turns out, I had my second pleasantly surprising Moxo cupcake in a row (including the Snowballest Chance from my last post). The cake, which was packed with pecan bits, carrot shavings and coconut slivers, was moist and rich with flavor. The generous tower of cream cheese frosting was thick and buttery. All in all, this was one of my favorite Moxo cupcakes. And that's saying a lot, considering that I normally wouldn't even choose carrot. In comparison to the carrot cupcake from OMGosh Bakery in Petersburg that I tried with my coworkers Kathy and Jayette a couple weeks ago, which was dry with frosting that I felt had an odd aftertaste, this one was a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment