Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Buttercake-chocolate bliss

This week's cupcake day brought another selection from Sweet Art in St. Louis. It didn't take the Harmony long to thaw in our warm kitchen, and before I knew it, I was biting into a buttery yellow cake topped with luscious, creamy chocolate frosting.


You may recall from my last couple posts that Sweet Art specializes in organic, preservative-free and vegan cupcakes. Two of the three I tried up to this point were dry, but still pretty good. The Harmony was also a bit dry and crumbly, but the rich, buttery flavor of the cake, which Sweet Art calls vanilla butter cake on its menu (http://sweetartstl.com/index2.php), easily made up ground, and if the cake had been moist and gooey like typical butter cake, this cupcake might have found a spot in my all-time favorites. As it was, I wanted a second. The rich, smooth and super-creamy chocolate frosting, which reminded me a little of pudding, was one of the best I've tasted from a bakery so far.

If we ever return to Sweet Art, I'll definitely order seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment