Sunday, April 8, 2012

A hot cup of ... cupcake?

I've never been a big coffee drinker. I like the occasional mocha or latte, but you'd never find me pouring a cup straight from the pot. I'm just not a huge fan of the flavor, and I can only handle the bitterness when something else is masking it.

Enter yesterday's cupcake, a coffee-flavored creation from my frozen Sweet Art stock. When I first saw it in the box Camille brought back from St. Louis, I thought it was a cinnamon cupcake. I got my hopes up, as a matter of fact, but it wasn't to be.


The base for this one was white cake and vanilla frosting. Mixed into both parts was ground-up coffee. The frosting, a thick and generously applied buttercream, was far stronger than the cake, and it was somewhat of a battle to eat the whole thing. The cake was on the dry side, like most I've tried from Sweet Art, but I barely noticed because I depended on it so much to offset the overpowering frosting.

Most coffee lovers would probably like this cupcake (dry cake aside). As for me, now that it's gone, I think I'll renew my search for a cinnamon cupcake...

No comments:

Post a Comment