Thursday, April 12, 2012

I'll take a real milkshake, please

I'm still working on the frozen stash of Sweet Art cupcakes, and last night I pulled out the Milkshake, which the bakery's website describes as swirled vanilla and chocolate cake topped with malt buttercream, ganache and an old-school cherry.


This wasn't a bad cupcake, although the cake, as typical for Sweet Art, was on the dry side. There just wasn't anything about it that particularly stood out to me as a quality that would make me want another. I didn't pick up on the malt flavoring in the frosting -- in fact, I assumed it simply represented the whipped cream on top of a milkshake. It was definitely a lighter, fluffier frosting. Again, not bad but not my favorite frosting texture. The whole cupcake, frankly, was a little blah. My favorite part was the "old-school" cherry on top. The chocolate ganache was a nice touch, too. Still, I'd skip over this one if I ever went to the shop.

I have one Sweet Art cupcake left to try, so we'll see how it goes. Chances are pretty good I'll try it this weekend. Then I'll be back to Springfield cupcakes -- perhaps Cafe Moxo, which has launched its spring/summer menu. The Moxo bakers have come up with some interesting new choices. Check 'em out here: http://www.cafemoxo.com/docs/Cupcake5-27-11.pdf.


No comments:

Post a Comment