Monday, April 2, 2012

One bite just isn't enough

Out of the eight cupcakes my husband Camille brought home from St. Louis' Sweet Art on Friday, the only one he wanted for himself was the Come-Hither Carrot. Luckily for me, he let me have a bite before bed Sunday night. I used that bite to make my best evaluation (and afterward, I wished he had brought home two Come-Hither Carrots!)


Of the three Sweet Art cupcakes I've tried so far, the carrot was my favorite. The cake was just as I love carrot cake -- free of nuts, raisins and other nonsense. Just long ribbons of carrot baked into moist cake. Yes, moist. This was the moistest of the Sweet Art cupcakes so far, and it was a pleasant surprise. I had surmised that, because Sweet Art specializes in organic and vegan cupcakes, that they must tend toward dry cake. But this one restored my hope and delighted my taste buds. The cream-cheese frosting, which I'd already sampled on the red velvet, was excellent as well. 

I'm thankful my dear husband shared this one with me. If the tables had been turned, I'm not sure I could have done the same ... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment