Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day cupcake

I love mid-week holidays, and I love them even more when they include cupcakes. I had picked up a Chocolate Butterscotch from Heavenly Delight at the farmers market last week, and I was saving it to try this week. (I also picked up several new flavors; more to come on that in my next post.)



Although the cupcake was good overall, the butterscotch promise came up a bit short. Mini butterscotch morsels covered the vanilla frosting (which had no butterscotch flavor I could taste) and the chocolate cake, while moist and delicious, also had no traces of butterscotch. I was hoping for the flavor to be more incorporated into the body of the cupcake. Alas, this was one that wouldn't stand out to me at future farmers markets, although if I were in the mood for a basic chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting, I'd certainly consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment